Sunday, November 9, 2008

It All Starts Now!

Hello World!

Welcome to Plentty, a blog to chronicle the creation and startup of a new plus-size fashion line.

Starting my own fashion label has been a dream of mine since I was a size 12. For those of you who don't know me - or 99.9999% of the world - that was a really, really long time ago. It suffices me to say that I am now firmly ensconced in the ranks of of Americans who wear a size 14 or larger. According to one source, this equates to about 95 million people.

Why now?..............Why not now? While it's true that the global economy might be in the toilet, being a glass-half-full girl that I am, I see 'opportunity' which nicely lines up with the 'need' that I've seen for years. In spite of all the strides that I've seen in plus-size clothing over the last 20 years, I still cannot find things that I really want to wear.

Fashion is about self-expression. It's about telling the story of you with clothes. Everyone has their own story. For women who wear a size 12 or smaller, there are enough manufacturers telling enough stories to ensure that one of them will fit. For those of us on the right side of 12, we only have about 4 or 5 stories and most of them involve grandma or tweenagers. Not nearly enough to cover the diversity of who we are.

My goal is to alleviate this - with your help!

Plentty. . .Tell Your Story!

No comments: